Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Winter jasmine


Although it's called winter jasmine, to be honest it's like spring here now.

The winter jasmine smells beautiful, day and night, and is full of flowers.

One of my neighbours went past yesterday when I was watering the garden, and told me how pretty I looked.

I preened myself, and then she added (in case I hadn't understood) "how pretty the flowers were."

Ah, well.

Winter jasmine only lasts for a few weeks - and then it fades and the flowers fall off - for the rest of the year it just sits there with green leaves.

There are lots of other spring flowers out now in the gardens, and in the countryside.

Most days the sun shines, there is a slight breeze, and a few clouds.

It's one of the nicest times of year to be in Andalucía.

No comments: